Saturday, August 4, 2012

Forgotten Family Members

I vaguely remembered hearing my grandmother speak of Uncle Edgar. Yet, when I assembled the genealogy, forgot. A review of old family portraits years later seem to awake me. There was a photo of a boy about 12 years old taken in Macon, and on the back was written "Edgar". Also, a photograph of an adult woman "Mrs. Edgar Chambliss." Go to the link below to see this photos.
http://www.georgiapioneers.com/rememberme/chambliss.html

The clues fit, time-wise and place. I always examine the dress, tie, cut of the lapel and hairstyle to determine the approximate date. Tintypes were used as late as the 1870s and during the 1880s it was quite fashionable to have studio photograps made, sitting and standing, with obvious false backgrounds.

Where to find images of last wills and testaments online.
Georgia Pioneers
Virginia Pioneers "Subscribe to 6 genealogy websites for $150 for one year"

No comments:

Post a Comment